Avoiding Pitfalls when starting a home design projectDesign Ideas
There are many common planning pitfalls when designing a home extension or new build - what are they and how can you avoid them.
When you're thinking of adding an extension onto your home there are a few common problem areas we have identified from clients who come to us looking for solutions:
- Garage conversions are popular, but can often seem disconnected from the rest of the house to planning consultants.
- Additional living space is great, but storage consideration is a must, leave it out at your peril!
- Extra bedrooms without additional facilities incorporated into the design means busy mornings at the bathroom & kitchen.
- Areas that are out of place, for example a room tacked onto a kitchen, with no clear purpose get lost in the mix.
- It's important to keep experts close at hand. Our free online cost calculators are often a good place to start, and our team of architects with their wealth of knowledge and expertise can also advise you on how to make your extension ideas can work successfully in your home - simply get in touch via our consultation call service.
The Home & Maker Approach
Architect, architectural technologist or architectural technician?
Let’s get started!
Our unique 3-in-1 quote calculates architectural services, construction costs and the value you could add to your home. Plus, we pride ourselves on offering unbeatable value.